Tuesday, May 29, 2012

R2- The Currin Blog

So I wrote a blog at the beginning of the year about Angola, New York, and mentioned a "Rob Currin." I believe my exact words on Mr. Currin were, "Rob Currin, born on September 15, 1980. Rob Currin needs no introduction because he is known for his many accomplishments, like being the Offensive and Defensive Line Coach for the Alden High School Varsity Football team, who are undefeated. He is also Editor-in-Chief of the Online Bulldog Newspaper, and has 700 friends on Facebook (probably increasing by the minute)." Now at this time, I was a loyal fan of Mr. Currin's, but ever since he bashed one of my reporters and threatened senior editor probation for this one mistake, my allegiance has changed ( yes that was a Harry Potter reference...Don't judge). I make one mistake and I should get punished for the remainder of my Online Publishing career? I think not. I don't believe I've ever had a reporter miss a deadline either, which is pretty impressive. Anyways, Mr. Currin says he's a big deal and makes an odd voice when he recites this phrase. This makes me wonder if he's being truthful, or if he's lying and is trying to cover it up. I can't be sure. He also loses Yoda about five times a day and does nothing about it... Obviously he doesn't care enough about him to bother with worrying about his location or anything. Also, Mr. Currin told us what he thinks about when he goes to a concert. Well, he thinks about the lead guitarist falling dead in the middle of the show and the band calls out to the crowd asking if there was anyone who knew how to play the guitar and knew all of the band's songs. Of course Mr. Currin would raise his hand and be asked to play with the band. Really? The band wouldn't ask if there was a doctor or anything... that is definitely not the first instinct a person has when someone drops to the floor who is possibly dying... Cool Mr. Currin, real cool. I also noticed that there is a "meme" of Mr. Currin on the Facebook... I won't comment on that because it would be too easy. All in all, Mr. Currin brings himself up to be a big deal, and if that's what it takes for him to be happy, then we should all just let him do that to refrain from the braggadocios 'tude he gives... Just Saying   

No comments:

Post a Comment