Monday, May 7, 2012

Q1- Best Book EVER!

I suggest that everyone who reads this blog read Huckleberry Finn. It is literally the greatest book every written. Each character you read about, you can;t help but love. A boy named Huckelberry Finn who is finally getting his life together and making a difference in his personality pretty much reverts back to his childish and juvenile ways. I mean c'mon? How can you not love this guy? Another character is Huck's father. His father is a drunk and abusive man who is very keen on beating his son and locking him in a house while he finds more liquor... And the Father of the Year award goes to... Huck's dad! Again, a very lovable character. Then there is Jim, a slave of Huck's original residence. Not only is he super wise, his accent is probably the best thing since pancakes. Every time he speaks in the book, I can't help but read more and more because it's so legible and understandable. There are no apostrophes acting as letters, and you don't have to force a fake accent in your mind while reading. There was an entire chapter of just Jim speaking and I cried real tears because of the beautiful speech he gave. The more and more I think about this book, I just want to read it over and over and over again. I'd have to say that my favorite part in this entire novel is when Huck dresses like a woman and goes to a house in order to get information. This is just great writing overall. Who can come up with these events? This is just brilliant. This also makes me love Huck even more because dressing up like a woman and traveling into town and meeting another lady for information makes so much sense, it's not even debatable. More guys should be like Huck Finn and dress like girls. Despite Huck's dazzling personality, Jim is definitely my favorite character all because of his near perfect diction and amazing vocabulary. Well, all in all I think that this storyline is one of the greatest I've ever read and I can't say it enough about it. Thankfully the opportunity to read this novel comes with signing up for Rob Currin's A.P. Literature and Composition class your senior year. You even get to read it over the summer which makes the experience so much better! It's not difficult at all to write a journal entry for each chapter because the read is so much fun! If you can't take A.P. Lit, I understand, (but seriously it is the most fun class I have other than Online Publishing and is totally worth taking) but I hope you can just take a chance to read Huckleberry Finn.    

No comments:

Post a Comment