Sunday, April 1, 2012

N3- DO WORK!

So for this blog we're suppose to write about where we work, where we want to work or our future career. I am not currently employed anywhere, and my friends won't let me live it down. I'm actually planning on working over the summer at Darien Lake. However, I don't want to work in the water park or anything  like that because every person I talked to who work at Darien Lake said they hated working there because the water park was discusting and the people there were smelly. I want to work at the Darien Lake Hotel because I've been told that it's much nicer than the rest of the park. I know that it may seem lame of me to talk about this since I don't have a job, but this is a blog so that's that. Now on to my future career, teaching. I want to be a high school English teacher, kind of like Mr. Currin, but not completely. Unlike Mr.Currin, I won't make creepy faces at my students whenever they want my attention...Just saying. Anyways, I'm going to Niagara University to attend the English education department. I'm really excited because Niagara's program actually sends the students out freshman year to schools to observe the different age groups of classrooms. I went to a luncheon on March 25th and some of the English Department members spoke about different situations they went through. One told a story about how she wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, but she went to student teach at a school, and a kindergartener bit her leg and punched her in the face. Needless to say, she decided against teaching ages 4-6. I've spent my middle school years with my mom babysitting a variety of kids. I think that my experience with those kids also made me want to teach high school students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment