Wednesday, April 18, 2012

O3- Ode to Julie Fetzer...

So for my choice blog, I've decided to confess that I am feeling lost without my good friend, Julie Fetzer. She is on a cruise this week and will not be in school until Monday. This is great for her, but miserable for me because Julie and I always make our "rounds" after second block and walk to Mrs. Gramza's advisement afterwards. We have either Physics, Physics Lab, or Physical Education depending on the day. Thankfully we are in the same class second block everyday, so we can begin our "rounds" directly after the bell rings and don't have to worry about trying to find each other or waiting for one another. So our "rounds" usually begin at Mr. Domino's classroom where we walk downstairs to Julie's locker, which is right across from Mr. Currin's classroom. After Julie puts all her folders away, we say hello to Mr. Currin, just to be nice and have a quick discussion about our A.P. Lit class and what our plans were for the day. After we bid the Currin Advisement Family farewell, we walk down to the hallway with the guidance office and turn right to get to my locker so I can put my books away. Once I finish with the placing of my books, Julie and I go to her advisement so she can sign in and out. Then we visit Mr. Wild to check on National Honor Society news. Julie goes because she is the president, and I just tag along since I have no other friends to walk with.....or just any other friends.....Anyways, we then go to Mrs. Gramza's advisement where we tend to Student Congress matters, and make fun of Jordan Hall because he doesn't do anything to help us and just gets lunch while we plan and actually do work. So back to my problem with Julie not being around... Since Julie is absent, going to her locker would be unnecessary for me, which would force me to go straight to my locker after second block. This then eliminates the opportunity to visit Mr. Currin's advisement. I also skip going to Julie's advisement for obvious reasons, and Mr. Wild always claims he has nothing new for NHS, so I finish the "rounds" extremely early and have nowhere to go, but Mrs. Gramza's advisement, which is full of freshmen. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the kids in her advisement, but during the announcements they're really quiet...I mean really quiet. It makes me a little nervous, but it's my only option. So this is why Julie Fetzer's absence is really affecting me. I hope she is having a fun time on her cruise, but I cannot wait for her to return so I don't have to be super awkward in the halls.      

No comments:

Post a Comment