Tuesday, April 3, 2012

O1- Thanks Da Papa!

My father is...Da Papa! I literally call him that on a regular basis with a weird accent. I'm not sure how it came about, but it just kind of stuck. Now, both my sisters call him that. I'm kind of the trend setter for my family. Despite this awesome talent, I'm not my dad's favorite child. I know this is sad, but my other sisters aren't the favorites either. No, my dad's favorite in the family is his golf clubs. This is no joke. He told me on more than one occasion that he loves his golf clubs more than me. On my seventeenth birthday card he wrote, "Schmaesh, well you're not as great as my golf clubs, but you're alright!".... Thanks Da Papa. I'm pretty sure he's joking, but it's hard to tell sometimes if he's being serious or not. Anyways, Da Papa is a very simple guy. He enjoys quite a bit of sports, including football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, hockey, and curling. He plays in a men's basketball league. He actually told me that he was down a player for their game that day. Obviously, I offered to play with them because he coached me for five years when I was younger in basketball, and I'm still pretty good at it (Physical Education Class Hero. No Big Deal.) But his response was "Schmaesh, no offense, but I need good and physical players on my team." Again, thanks Da Papa. I tried to defend myself and used the P.E. class example on how good I am, but he just told me that I would be playing with 50 year old guys and that they would not hesitate to foul me. So, I responded to that with the fact that I'm kind of a beast and that I would also not hesitate to foul them either. Needless to say, he didn't let me go. Now, back to his characteristics. Well, he's bald. That's pretty fun. He also gets pretty annoyed whenever I talk, as he calls it, "stupid" to our dog, Harley. I do it anyways, but he doesn't like it. My dad and I also have a secret handshakes. I would tell you what it was, but it's kind of a secret. We also say goodbye very weirdly. Instead of hugging or shaking hands, we head-but and say "mer." My sister, Alli, started the "mer" when she got her cat, the Fuzziasteiny. It kind of stuck with the family so now whenever my dad goes to work or on a trip, we say farewell saying "mer." But, yeah... That's Da Papa, and I love him even though he loves his golf clubs more than me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment