Wednesday, January 18, 2012

J1- I Can Be Your Hero Baby!

Heroism is a very simple word, yet its meaning is anything but simple. A hero can be anyone from Batman to a person saving a cat from a tree. Heroes don't have to have superpowers or save innocent people from evil villains. They could just be ordinary people, like policemen or firemen. I think that the main attributes in heroism are courage and compassion. It may sound a bit lame, but I think compassion is really important because if the person doesn't care, somewhat, about whom or why they are saving someone, then they won't try their hardest and will most likely give up on helping that person. The real heroes care about what they do, like how policemen genuinely want to help the community and protect the people in it. A hero also needs courage because it's really difficult to risk your self-image or even your life for someone else. You might not even know that person, which makes heroes more than courageous. With this definition, I'd have to say that my personal hero is my mom, Liz Breyer. She is just so...cheese ball like. I say this because she is so cheesy in all of her jokes, which make them hilarious. Her voice whenever she cracks a joke usually goes up a couple octaves and that adds to the hilarity of the joke. She's so funny and she cares about everyone. She will help anyone with anything and she won't ever ask for anything in return. She is also the best mom in the world, and I'm not just saying that because she's my mom. She has influenced everyone she meets in a positive way because she genuinely cares about everyone she meets. She is the nicest and sweetest person I know and I would be honored and completely grateful if I could become one third of a mother, and a person that my mom is.

No comments:

Post a Comment