Thursday, January 5, 2012

1-5-12 She Never Cries!

So I believe that there are two highlights in my holiday break. This first highlight occurred on Christmas Day. My older sister Allison is not much or a "cryer." This is saying a lot because my mom will start crying at a movie, show, or even a commercial she has watched for a mere two minutes. Allison probably got my dad's emotions, along with his back hair. Anyways, back to inability to cry. So last year Alli's boyfriend, Jared, got her a diamond necklace for Christmas which made her cry. I, unfortunately, missed this occurrence and was pretty disappointed in it. So this year, Alli really wanted a Mac computer. However, after all the presents were sorted and opened, there was no computer for Alli. She didn't notice and didn't care that she hadn't received a Mac for Christmas, but then my other sister, Andi, pointed out one more present that was hiding underneath the table in our living room that was for Alli from Santa. So Alli opened the present and found a brand new Mac computer that she had asked for. Then the unthinkable happened and Alli began to cry. I actually got to witness this rare occurrence and I have to say, it was pretty amazing. It was like watching a beached whale helped back into the ocean. Yes, that was a little cheesy, but this was a cheesy moment! Just when I thought Alli was actually a sensitive person, she said, "I don't know why I'm crying! I guess I only cry when I get really expensive things." And Alli went back to her life. Another experience I had was New Year's Eve...by myself. It was really fun being by myself at midnight without a television on. My sister Alli fell asleep at about 8:30 p.m. while my other sister Andi fell asleep at 10:30 p.m. It was the highlight of my new year. I would just like to say now that the last two lines were completely sarcastic in case you were unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment