Thursday, September 8, 2011

9-8-11 Climbing a Mountain!



Throughout this past summer vacation, I've gone to many interesting places. The third week of July involved me and my family attending my cousin, Dana's, wedding in Colorado. It was probably the most creative wedding I've ever been to. Dana and her husband, Mark, decided to get married on home plate at Coors Field for the Colorado Rockies. My family in Colorado has always been big fans of baseball and softball. The ceremony was really well decorated and really hot. I think it was about 101 degrees the day they got married, and of course their wedding had to be outside. The weather was the only difficult part of the day, thankfully. After the ceremony, we all went to the V.I.P. section of the stadium and waited for the food. I thought the cleverest part was how people knew where to sit for dinner. Each table was named after a baseball team, like the St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Senators, or the Buffalo Bisons. Altogether, it was a really great day. However, that all changed the next day when my dad, my sister, my sister's boyfriend Jared, and I decided to go on an adventure. I was tricked into attending this outing because my dad led me to believe that we'd be hiking around town, not up a giant mountain. The mountain was called the Flat Irons, and it sure was flat...vertically. My sister, Alli, and I had to take water breaks every three steps because the mountain was so steep. Of course my dad and Jared didn't break a sweat until we reached the top of the mountain while Alli and I were dripping in sweat. Although it was the most disgusting and horrible experience of my life, I reserve the right now to say that I have climbed a mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment