Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-1-14 Blog#3

My chorus class this year with Mr. Buscemi has definitely been an exciting time. The first day we started singing and none of us really expected to but we still had to do it. As the time went on through the year, we sang songs mostly about God. I don't know why we do, but the majority of our songs have to do with Jesus or God's will. I know it's pretty exciting, but we have to do it to get a good grade. We also sang a song called Wade in the Water. This song kind of makes me think about slaves. If you heard it for an entire first half of the year, you'd understand why. Of course that song has to do with God troubling water. Then we sang this song called The Echo Song. Really original I know. It was performed basically like an echo. A bunch of students would be group one and the other half would be group two. The first group would sing a line, then the second group would cut in the middle of the line and start singing the same line like an echo. I actually liked this song the best out of all my chorus songs because I really liked the effect it had. This was also one of the few songs that didn't have God in any of the lines. I have nothing against God being in our songs, but when it gets to be every song we sing has his name in the lyrics, then it gets a little old. Anyway, we already had our chorus concert, so at the end of the half we just sit in the room and watch movies that are musicals. Today was probably the best movie we every could have watched. Raise Your Voice with Hilary Duff! I was probably the most excited person in the room when I realized it. Then people would keep interupting Hilary Duff by making fun of her or somthing like that. So all I would say was, "Make fun of Hilary Duff again and see what happens." Obviously those people were intimidated by me and stopped, but I still thought it was rude. I mean Hilary Duff took all this time to make such a great movie for us and people aren't even listening. Though she is making tons of money off it, those people still had no right.

No comments:

Post a Comment