Thursday, September 8, 2011

9-8-11 So Much to Do, So Little Time

This year is my senior year, so like many seniors I hope to accomplish many things before my freshman year of college. I am taking many difficult classes this year, like pre-calculus and Physics, which I will probably regret taking by the end of this year. I'm hoping that these classes will pay off and help me in my future college classes. I want to go into the medical career nowadays so I'm sure that I'm going to have to take even more difficult classes, but those classes will prepare me for the future. Besides my class choices, I also hope to play a lot of volleyball within the next school year. Unfortunately, I rolled my ankle the third day of practice. I know that's pretty upsetting. Most of the people that found out I hurt my ankle asked me the same questions over and over again: When are you going back to volleyball? How did you roll your ankle? Does your ankle hurt? That last question was asked more than you'd think. Of course my ankle hurts; I landed on someone's foot and rolled my ankle. That would hurt anyone. I won't know when I get back to volleyball until my orthopedic appointment on Tuesday, September, 13th. It was super hard at first to accept the news I got from Immediate Care. The first time I went, the doctor told me that I fractured my ankle and wouldn't play for the rest of the season. That destroyed me because it was my senior year and I was the senior captain and I really love playing. I didn't cry when I actually hurt my ankle, but I started to tear up when I found out about the fracture. However, that sadness quickly turned around. I went the next day for a follow up check on my ankle, and the actual orthopedic doctor told me I only sprained my ankle. I was so happy that I'd be back for volleyball this year, but it would take a while to heal. Either way, I've accepted that my team is doing great without me, but I really can't wait to start playing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment