Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12-20-12-24 Blog#2


Today, December 22Nd, was probably one of the most fun days so far this school year. So in 3B lunch, I was sitting at my table with 7 other of my friends, Melissa, Julie, Emma, Emily, Daria, Makiah, and Madeline, and we were just talking a couple days before the 22Nd of December. I believe we were talking about Christmas and how we didn't know my friend Emma was Jewish. She was explaining her heritage and how her family did only one day were they get all their Hanukkah presents rather than everyday for a week. They do this because their family from out of town usually only come for a couple of days and not a week. Obviously, my other friends and I were amazed by her explanation of the Jewish heritage. Then my friend Julie decided to say that she wished she knew how to play the dreidel game, and Emma said that she actually had a dreidel from her family. Melissa then said super loudly that we should have a Christmas Feast like on the Grinch. So of course we decided to plan a party. We all offered suggestions for food, and I made little notes to each person as a reminder to bring the food. Melissa was going to bring brushetta, Julie was supposed to bring Whoo Hash (like on the Grinch) but ended up bringing strawberries with chocolate dip. Emma brought her dreidel for us to play with and ornaments for a miniature tree that Madeline brought along with salsa dip and chips. Emily brought a delicious icing covered cream cheese treat. Daria then brought a German treat that she brought here when she left Germany. Makiah forgot to bring her pasta stuff unfortunately, but we still let her sit and eat our food because its that kind of season. Then I brought pulled pork and cookies. The pulled pork was courtesy of my mom, Liz. Anyways we had a fantastic time and we played with the dreidel and basically everyone in that lunch was jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment