Monday, December 13, 2010

12-13-12-17 Blog#2

My definition of beauty to me is a little odd. I think beauty is symmetry. Think about it. Most species of animals and bugs prefer the animals with the most symmetrical wings or eyes. It may not seem like a common way to describe beauty, but it is logical to say that a person prefers another with even eyes rather than their mouth being where their eyes are supposed to be. Beauty isn't only being symmetrical, but I think it is also being tan, skinny, and other features that make someone look smaller and more like a model. Beauty definitions differ and everyone has different opinions, but I think people have to have personality rather than just be pretty on the outside. I think that someone is truly beautiful if they are nice-looking and have a funny, and kind personality. I also think that beauty is taken too literally sometimes, like when girls think that being super skinny is the only way to make themselves look good and be happy. I understand that they are disorders, like anorexia or bulimia, but I would never ever think about doing that to myself. I love food way too much to give it up just for the sake of just looking good. I understand if someone wants to eat healthier, but the point of starvation is a little more serious. I think beauty is sometimes a blessing and other times a curse to reach what you think is beauty. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks they are pretty when they really are, so they starve themselves and make them think that they aren't good enough or they need to do more becasue they aren't beautiful. However, they are mostly just thinking too much about each little detail about their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment