Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12-14-12-17 Blog#3

I really like the poem A Dandelion for my Mother by Jean Nordhaus. It basically describes the dandelion, how stubborn it is to get, and how beautiful it is compared to this author's mother. I like this poem a lot mostly because it shows the love one can have for a mother. It also makes me think about my sisters because we always talk about dandelions because Andi, my oldest sister, wants to add on to her tattoo that says, "I watched the beauties watch the fire, and the fire burned beauty in their eyes." This lyric is about me and my other sister, Alli. But it's mostly about me. Anyways, she wants to add a dandelion to her tattoo because Alli drew a picture of a dandelion and Andi really liked it. Unfortunately, Alli lost the picture (big shock) and forgot how to draw it. Andi is still determined to remind Alli about her drawing. Besides the fact that this poem reminds me about my sisters, it obviously reminds me of my mom. She is thebest mom I could ever have. She always supports me in everything I want to do. She is at every chorus concert, volleyball game and school occasion. I can't remember a time when she ever skipped one of my volleyball games or if she every missed a concert, which can get boring sometimes. She never grounds me because she doesn't think it works at all. She even helped my volleyball team make our tie-die shirts for warm-ups and she even made pink tie-die shirts for our game that was dedicated to breast cancer awareness. Without her, we wouldn't even have half of the apparel we have for volleyball! She also had spaghetti made for one of our spaghetti dinners. She's pretty much a big deal in Alden, so I'd say she definitely reminds me of this poem. When I read this poem, I pretty much think about my mama, Liz Breyer!

1 comment:

  1. I will fully agree that Liz Breyer is a big deal, not only here in Alden, but on the planet Earth as well.

    ReplyDelete