Monday, November 8, 2010

11-8-11-12 Blog#1



Thanksgiving with my family is a pretty big deal. Every year for Thanksgiving, my family packs up and gets in our car and goes to St. Louis, Missouri to visit my cousins. Usually my mom, dad, both sisters, my sister Alli's boyfriend, and I travel by car for about 10 hours to their house in a little suburban town they live in right outside the city of St. Louis. My cousins include my Aunt Eydie, Uncle D.J. which is my dad's younger brother, and my two younger cousins Abby and Jared. It's pretty funny that my cousin's name is Jared and Alli's boyfriend's name is Jared too. At the last Thanksgiving there, my family decided that we would nick-name our cousin Jared Tater, and Alli's Jared, Tot since when we had this discussion, we were eating tater tots. Not only do we see those cousins, but we also see the families of my dad's other two older brothers, Tom and Bob. My uncle Tom's family involves my Aunt Susan and my cousins Sarah and Lauren. Sarah is the same age as me and Lauren is younger.They live in Washington D.C. My Uncle Bob and Aunt Julie probably ave the longest ride from Colorado with my two older cousins Patrick and Dana. We all get together for thanksgiving break because usually everyone is free that time of year. We have a huge feast with turkey, stuffing, jello, pie, potato soup in bread bowls, and my personal favorite, Sparkling grape juice. We also do different activities in St. Louis. For example, we play walleyball, or racquetball and volleyball mixed together, and board games. We've also gone to the arch in St. Louis. I really like going to this ceramics place called You're Fired where we get to paint our own mugs, plates, figures, and bowls. Then the place fires them to make the paint stick, and we wait for about a week for them to be done. We don't usually get them that week because we only stay for four days, but my uncle D.J. sends them through the mail. I always have a blast when I go to visit them. I can't even remember half the hilarious jokes and sayings we come up with there.

No comments:

Post a Comment