Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11-16-11-19 Blog#3


My favorite holiday has to be Christmas. I think Christmas is a personal favorite for many people because it's just so cheery and happy. These are partial reasons why I love Christmas, but I also love that Christmas always brings the family together. For example, this year my sister Alli isn't coming to St. Louis this year for Thanksgiving because she has to work, but she always comes to our house for Christmas and thankfully Jared, her boyfriend, can come too and that always makes Alli happy when he's around. Christmas also brings my mom's annual Christmas Party for the little kids she babysits including kids she used to babysit. The best part about this party is that Santa comes. Mr. Currin was there last year because my mom babysat Jack Currin. Mr. Currin got to sit on Santa's lap and fortunately there is a picture of him with Santa as well. Anyways, this party is always so fun because everyone gets one early present and a picture with Santa. I also get to see all the older kids that I played with when I was younger and when my mom babysat them. This holiday also makes everyone excited. I wake up every Christmas morning probably at 6 and try to wake my mom and dad up because they never wake up on Christmas. Then Alli and I make hot chocolate with candy canes in them for me, her, and Andi, and we make my mom some coffee. Usually we just wait for my dad to come inside after the horses are fed to open our stockings. Then after we are finished looking through our stockings, we move to the tree and sort all the presents under the Christmas tree. After we're done sorting, we all open them at the same time basically. I mostly love the reactions of my family's faces to my presents for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment