Monday, October 25, 2010

10-25-10-29 Blog #3


A time in my life when I was injured would have to be this year before school started. I've never broken any part of my body, but I feel like I've gotten pretty close to doing so. Anyways, I was with my friend Connor and my friend Emily at Connor's house. She was having a family party and she invited me and Emily to come. When we were there, we mostly played outside with the volleyball, the basketball, and the soccer ball. Then Connor's cousins came and we started playing soccer since they both played soccer. I was on her little cousin's team and he was probably in third grade and was completely better than anyone there and Connor was on her other cousin, Paul's, team. We were playing two on two for a while and my team was basically destroying Connor's team. Though her little cousin was carrying the team, I contributed a few points.
Then Paul got the ball, and I ran back to be goalie. So I was there, not expecting him to go crazy and kick the ball in warped speed, and of course he did. So me, being an awesome goalie, stopped the ball with my hand, but unfortunately the ball ended up hitting my wrist and pushing it back to my arm. It hurt so bad at that moment, but I stopped Connor's team from scoring. However I had to sit out and my wrist didn't get at all better. It started to swell and I realized that the following week was volleyball tryouts and I got so mad. I iced it everyday for almost an hour each time and then I went to my home dog TK for medical advice during tryouts. Thankfully he wrapped it for the practices and games and now I think I just bruised my wrist, but I am never playing soccer with Connor's cousin Paul ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment