Thursday, September 23, 2010

9-23-9-24 Past (blog 3)


Probably the most important thing I learned in the past was how to make cupcakes. Some people may not like cupcakes, but my family is kind of in love with them.
Since I was in fourth grade, my mom always made me cupcakes to bring into to school every once in a while. For instance, I brought them in on holidays and some of my friends' birthdays. When I finally went into sixth grade, my mom told me that I had to start learning how to make cupcakes if I wanted to keep eating them. So occasionally I would help my mom with putting all the ingredients together. There are recipes on the box of cupcake mix, but my mom basically estimates the portion of each ingredient. Her cupcakes always come out delicious, but it was hard for me to follow how she guessed each portion size.
I then started the electric mixer my mom has. Right as I put it into the bowl of components, and started it, the mix went everywhere. My mom and I were covered in funfetti cake mix and eggs. It was hilarious at the time, but then we had to clean up afterwards. I put the cake mix into each of the cupcake holders on a pan, then we put them in the oven and waited for the timer. We waited for about 15 minutes and then they beeped, so we took them out and waited for them to cool off. While they were cooling, my mom made her homemade frosting. Again, she does most of the mixing in her head and doesn't write any recipes down. I still don't know how to make her frosting, but I think it's only good when she makes it. After the cupcakes were done cooling, we took two and frosted them. After that, we ate probably the most wonderful cupcakes I've ever tasted!

2 comments:

  1. I must say, I am a fan of the Breyer cupcakes. I've had them on more then one occasion and they are great. Your mom definitely has that special touch and I'm glad to hear you're going to follow in her footsteps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe i love you mom's cooking! One volleyball game, you should bring in the cupcakes. they sound DELICIOUS!(:

    ReplyDelete