Monday, September 20, 2010

9-20-9-24 Future (blog #1)

In my future, I see myself going to Niagara University or an Albany State School for teaching high school English. I've always enjoyed writing stories and reading different novels and short stories. I know Niagara University has a very good teaching program, but I received a college letter from Albany, and I was very interested. If I could get rid of anything in my life, I would want the negative attitude from myself and others out of my life, along with doubting myself. My strategy to achieve my goals is to apply for many scholarships and work really hard in all my classes. As of right now, I'm not sure what my plan is, but I am narrowing down my options and getting ready for college. I can see myself getting married and having a family when I get out of college as well. I would like to live in a more suburban area rather than a city or the country. I've been raised in a country setting and loved it, but it can seem secluded at some points in time. Then the city area is really busy and can be dangerous by driving or just walking. The suburban area seems very safe and distinct, yet there are still people around. The suburbs are sometimes close to schools, which would be very convenient for me when I become a teacher. I would have my family involved if I chose to move somewhere other than Alden. I'd like to live near Philadelphia since it is a very nice scenic place, but I don't know if I could part with Alden!

1 comment:

  1. A very nice post, Amber. It's always nice to hear from someone that is considering a career in education. Teaching can be very rewarding. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete