Thursday, December 1, 2011

12-1-11 The Class of Physcal Education!

My Physical Education class is probably the most awesome group of people in the entire school. I say this because it is stacked with the most athletic and industrious group of kids in this school. There are a few people that don't try that hard, but they or forget their clothes so they don't even participate. My class is full kids who are very good in the sport they play for school or out of school, and are also really good at every sport we play in P.E. These types of students are called "15 out of 15's" according to Mr. Helmicki. I've also heard Mr. Helmicki talk about our class and how great the students are and how it's probably the best class he's had so far in his teaching career. That's, dare I say, a pretty big deal. So my class has been playing volleyball for the past couple of days and it has been so much fun because my class, being as athletic as it is, actually plays to the actual rules of volleyball. Usually if one player hits the net, the teacher wouldn't say anything, but the rules actually do matter in my class. I love it because then, people who think they're so awesome at volleyball in p.e. get taken down a few notches and realize that there are legitimate rules that everyone has to follow. I think its a lot harder to break rules that you know rather than break the rules you don't know. For example, I think it's super hard to break the rules when I personally play volleyball because I've been playing since I was in fifth grade and I was brought up with my entire family being big in volleyball and I've been following these rules for a good portion of my life. However, when there's someone who wants to show off and act cool, they disregard whatever the teacher says are the rules and they just hit the ball willy nilly and they don't share the ball with anyone else on the team. Thankfully that never happens in my Physical education class because of the awesome players in there. There's also two actual volleyball players in my class. One being myself, and Sarah "Cougzie" Mye (yes, I came up with that name! I'm very proud of myself). It's funny because we're both setters when we played on the school team and now we get the chance to do things like hit and play defense. We did play these positions on the team, but we get to play these positions more often in p.e. class. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that my Physical Education class this year is definitely the best active class he's had in years. I feel very honored to be in that class and I can't wait to continue to crush a lot in every sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment