Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10-19-11 He's Kind of a Big Deal...

I would have to say that my favorite teacher is Mr. Currin, and I'm not trying to be a suck up or anything. I just enjoy the classes I have with him as a teacher. For example, Online Publishing is my favorite class and he is the teacher for that class. I like Online Publishing because the people in there are so funny and we all get along so well...except me and Brian because I can't stand him...just kidding...but seriously. Despite that, Mr. Currin makes the class really fun and enjoyable. I also have A.P. English with him and that class is really great too because of the discussions the class has with the books we read and the messages we talk about. We also talk about Mr. Foss and his beliefs a lot in class which is fun because I had him for U.S. history and I know the majority of his teachings. I just like the way Mr. Currin lets us discuss topics by ourselves in Socratic Seminars because I get so many ideas that I never would have thought of without listening to the other students. I also had him for English 11 last year. I've literally had him twice a year for two years now. Well, in that time I've learned a lot from his classes and I've got to react with people I wouldn't usually in his classes or who I don't normally see throughout the day which is always really fun. I know this is going to sound corny, but Mr. Currin inspired me to want to become a high school english teacher. I love reading and writing and discussing how people interpret the messages that are sent through the book. When I grow up and find a teaching job, maybe, I hope that I can be as great of a teacher as Mr. Currin is.

No comments:

Post a Comment