Monday, October 31, 2011

10-31-11 Such a Neglected Holiday!



I think the Columbus Day has been completely overlooked as a holiday. I like it because we get a day off of school. It was a little more intense this year because at 8 o'clock that morning, two cars were in an accident outside my house. It was a much different way to wake up, but it was pretty exciting. I actually thought that it was thunder when the car hit our porch and tried to go back to sleep. I know that that was a little ridiculous, but a car flipping onto our porch is not a very common occurrence so I thought of the most logical explanation for the noise. Then I realized something was wrong when my mom and uncle were running around. Then the car caught on fire! That made everything crazier because the possibility of my house catching on fire was pretty plausible. So I, of course, start joking around. I know that sounds really bad, but whenever I get in serious situations I begin to make jokes and laugh to keep the mood positive even though it's pretty serious what is going on. Well, thankfully, the kids that live across the street were very understanding of my humor and weren't that offended by my jokes. Luckily the house didn't catch on fire, but there was a really bad smoky smell that engulfed the entire house. I know that this experience would make most people hate this holiday, but without this happening, I would never have thought of the Halloween costume this year and I wouldn't have this crazy story to tell people. When students are asked what they did on their day off, they usually say things like sleeping in, but I get to say that a car flipped onto my porch at 8 in the morning on our day off...No Big Deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment